This banana bread is a great option if you are looking to decrease gluten in your life or to omit it all together. Recipes like this one are the reason that we have lost weight, gained energy, and been able to maintain our wins long term while still enjoying the things we love. 🙂
- 3 Ripe Mashed Bananas
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pure Maple Flavor
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cups Chickpea Flour (Also called Garbanzo Bean Flour)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line an 8″x4″ loaf pan with parchment paper and grease sides with a small amount of coconut oil.
In the first mixing bowl, stir together mashed bananas, vanilla and maple extract, honey, melted coconut oil, eggs, and apple cider vinegar.
In the second mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: chickpea flour nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and Himalayan pink salt.
Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk. Fold in chopped nuts. Pour batter into greased and prepared pan, and bake 45 minutes or until completely cooked through.
Don’t be fooled by tasting the raw batter. For some reason, the batter itself was a bit off-tasting, but once it all bakes together, the bread is divine!